Sunday 30 June 2013

T R E N T E - Q U A T R E


34 days.

Seems like yesterday that my (stupid) smart phone displayed a countdown of a hundred and twenty-something. Where did the time go?

Aish... This post is seriously overdue. (><;;ゴメンネ!!)

I've been wanting to write for the LONGEST TIME, but I could not bring myself to. Maybe it's because I did not see much of a point in babbling about my life here in Canada ('cause who wants to read about that AHEM), which would have been absolutely besides pretty much the only reason behind this blog: my experience on the JET Programme. Now that only a little over a month is left for me to wait, I felt that it was time to break the ice.

Though for many years I've been known to write a lot during my free time, I've never been much of a blogger, so ごめんなさい if this doesn't live up to your expectations. I'll give it my best shot! ^^;;

それでは。

Most entries shall be written in English (read: Frenglish – that's how we French Canadian roll!). Tiny holes will be filled in awkward attempts at Japanese and might be sprinkled with a dash of Korean on occasion.

Bon, ben, c'est ça. レッツゴー!!

In a nutshell, my life for the past months has revolved around preparing my departure. I've been doing a lot of research about the programme itself, about life in Japan, but also about Japanese history, customs, geography, etc. Work has been pretty quiet, which is not all that bad, because it has allowed me to read up on a variety of subjects, spend time with my loved ones and take my first real break in a very long time.

Also, do I have to mention FOOD GALORE. I'm indulging as if my life depended on it.

Beurre de pinotte, tu vas me manquer. :'(

ENOUGH ABOUT FOOD. There shall be better times for that.

Now onto the actual (real) first serious post.

No comments:

Post a Comment