Monday 14 April 2014

This Is Halloween (Slightly Incoherent ナイトメア Fanaccount)

I just cannot life right now. I have no words. Tonight was the most fun I've had in F-O-R-E-V-E-R. Despite all the respect I have for Junsu, Jaejoong and Gackt, and love too, and despite how excellent they are live, technically, of course, but also in heart and soul, with their passion and stage presence, and although they all gave me a time I will never forget, AND AND AND I don't even know what I'm saying anymore... This was the best concert out of the four. For those who know me and my obsession for a certain Korean boy, you will understand that this is quite a statement, coming from me. But it's true. Out of the four concerts, this is the one I enjoyed the most. I really had the time of my life. My expectations will be too damn high (over 9000!) for the next show I will be going to, which happens to be アリス九號 (Alice Nine). Please don't disappoint? :)

Before I start fangirling (too late?), I need to point out that these guys have a sense of humor. The music that preceded the show wasn't always good, not at the very beginning (okay, it was downright weird), but then they started playing a tune from the Nightmare Before Christmas movie - Pumpkin King, I shit you not, which was shortly followed by Manson's rendition of This Is Halloween. What a wonderful way to start off the show. Everyone was so pumped already!

Not only are Nightmare just as good live as they are on their albums, but they pack one hell of a powerful performance. The guitar riffs are ORGASMIC. They reach into your soul (and play with your heart strings). They don't miss a single note. Those guitar solos...! Oh, and Yomi's voice is completely flawless. You wouldn't believe it... The guy is 5 feet tall TOPS. (He's apparently 5'1", but still, just lol, haha.) He's so unbelievably TINY and scrawny and freaking ADORABLE, yet his voice is amazingly deep and strong. Also, Hitsugi really surprised me. Shocked me, I must say. Remember the guy with 20 piercings and thick make-up on his face? He's genki as shit on stage. He just can't stop moving around and dancing and grinning like an idiot. I'd read that he's actually a super sweet guy, despite his usual appearance, but I wasn't expecting THIS. And he communicates with the crowd so much and so well. Also, he seems to have ditched the scary get-up for now. His hair was pulled-up and his face was bare, so we were able to admire his shockingly pretty features unhindered. Guys, I'm in love with this guy. That sneaky bastard crawled his way into my heart and made a gigantic mess out of it. Sorry, Jaejoong, but you're gonna have to share me. :D I just want to marry him already. (I seem to have a marriage addiction, someone stahp me!) He was so funny, too. He had great interaction not only with the crowd (most of the time he was the one who instructed us what gestures (workout routine) to do), but also with the rest of the band, whose members had really nice chemistry. So there. Meet my new husband.
I bought this photo book because of a fan. It's her damn fault. (She was a nice girl.) I was eyeing it and hesitating and she had to butt in and show me that she had just bought it and flip through it and DAMMIT if I was gonna leave it on that table...!
So I did what I do best and I bought it. Yay, more eyecandy.

Oh, and the crowd was WILD. Yes, I'm serious. Although we had seats, I never stopped moving for two hours, much less sat down to take a breather. That is probably what sets this show apart from the rest of the gigs I went to. My body is completely trashed. I've never seen anything like this here in Japan... When they weren't headbanging like crazy mofos (I swear! Hair flying everywhere!), the fans had these gestures... It looked like a cross between a full-body aerobics workout, jazz moves and tai-chi. Everyone seemed to know what they were doing, and it looked so fun and addictive, so I couldn't help but join in! Now I kinda wanna die (not really). :'D We really gave our all and they obviously appreciated it. Still, the venue was small. It was in this municipal cultural hall place. It legit looked like a small movie theatre. But that means that even though we didn't really have good tickets, we could see the stage pretty well. I managed to record the audio for the whole concert, so I'll try to share a snippet later. :) Here

What more is there to say... The merchandise was really nice. Besides the photo book, I bought a black T-shirt, a white tote bag, a black rubber band SAVE JAPAN bracelet... There were also ガチャ machines with goodies in little plastic balls (how the heck do you call this stuff?). Really interesting concept. It was pretty fun! I bought four and got two different Hitsugi keychains. What were the odds? They were 300 yen, a pretty fair deal considering the quality of the contents. Also, I was so shocked to see to what lengths some fans had gone for their outfits. Was this still Maebashi, Gunma? Nothing was less sure. Most people, like me, had made a minimum effort to blend in by wearing black-and-white, striped clothes, that kinda thing. But others looked like they had just walked out of Harajuku (or like they were doing the opening act for Nightmare)! I should have taken pictures...

Well, that's all I can remember for now. Do checkout the audio recording if you can, it took a while to make. You can listen to some of the highlights of the evening. Now I really want to see them again... BRB looking for tickets to another one of their gigs. Probably Tokyo in June. Wish me luck! I'm gonna need it! :)

2 comments:

  1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gashapon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks XD I thought they were called something like that. XD

    ReplyDelete